Sunday, March 25, 2018

Ebooks & Audiobooks


There is nothing better than holding a book in your hands read to begin reading.  The ability to flip through the pages, or the smell of it can bring back memories of other books or the joy of just holding a book.   Some people would agree with me that this feeling can not be replaced with the ebooks and/or audiobooks.  I have read ebooks and probably will in the future.  They are okay to read when I don’t have a book around to read.  I find it hard to not be able to flip through the book and see how many pages I have left to read in a chapter or in a book.  I do like the idea that I can read the book in the dark and not bother others with turning on a light to read.  I also like to be able to change the font size.

Audiobooks have me more excited than ebooks.  I’ve always enjoyed being read to.  I need a narrator who changes voices for the characters, someone who is not monotone, and someone who uses voice inflections where needed.  Some readers/audiences have favorite narrators, which is okay.  I tend listen to more genres than if I were to read the books themselves.  I think that if someone else is doing the reading I’ll enjoy the book more than if I were reading it.  I enjoy audiobooks anywhere at most times. 

1 comment: