Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Prompt 16 Future of Books and Reading


Reading has become more enjoyable for me as an adult.  I do remember having my nose in books as a kid, however, I don’t ever remember finishing a book until I graduated from college.  I love books and being around books.  Books have changed forms from when I was a kid.  Now days books are more than just paperback or hardback.  They come on CDs, audiobooks, or ebooks.  Beside reading books in the paper form, I enjoy listening to the books from audiobooks.

In the future I see books basically staying the same.  Some will come in paper form, some will be in ebooks, there will be audiobooks, and other forms that may be on the horizon.  I can see that reading may be going backwards to where not everyone is able to read or they don’t want to read, especially in poverty areas.  I would hope that this would not happen. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mary,
    I also go back and forth with audio and print. Do you get your audiobooks on CD or e-audio? Was there something specific in your life that made you enjoy books more?
    It's been a pleasure reading your posts for class! I hope you have a wonderful summer and wish you all the best in your library career! ~Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like both CD and e-audio, however lately I listen more to e-audio. I happen to be a slow reader to begin with and 2nd in school, when ever the teacher would ask, "What did the author mean by...?" I always got it wrong. So when I could read a book just because I wanted to, at my speed, without having to answer someone else's questions, I started to enjoy reading more. Thank you for reading you for reading my posts.

      Delete
  2. I almost completely stopped reading during my undergraduate years aside from coursework because I didn't want to have to explain what X author meant by Y phrase, so I get being able to enjoy reading more without that pressure. I think there's also some truth in what you say about not everyone being able to read, especially in regards to poverty. Be it lack of education to be able to read and comprehend or simply access to the books. It's sad, and I hope it's not true even if things seem to be headed in that direction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great response, I'm glad your reading habits have evolved to keep up with your life. However, this is quite a short response so there is a minor deduction.

    ReplyDelete